Belagavi Originating Express Trains Make a Green Shift to Electric Traction with WAG9
In a significant stride towards sustainable and efficient rail transportation, the South Western Railways (SWR) Zone has approved the use of WAG9 electric locomotives for two pairs of express trains originating from Belagavi. This decision, authorized by the Principal Chief Electrical Engineer (PCEE) of SWR, aims to enhance railway operations while contributing to a greener future.
Belagavi, Karnataka, September 15, 2023 – The South Western Railways Zone has given the green signal for a trial run of electric locomotives on two crucial express train routes originating from Belagavi. This move is in alignment with SWR’s commitment to environmentally friendly transportation and modernizing rail services.
- Belagavi-Bengaluru Superfast Express (Train Numbers 20653 & 20654): This widely-traveled route, connecting Belagavi to Bengaluru, will now be powered by UBL-based WAG9 electric locomotives. Passengers can expect a smoother and more eco-friendly journey as these electric locomotives take the reins.
- Mysuru Junction-Belagavi Vishwamanav Express (Train Numbers 17325 & 17326): The Mysuru Junction to Belagavi route, served by the Vishwamanav Express, will also witness a transition to electric traction. With the introduction of WAG9 locomotives, passengers traveling on this route can look forward to reduced emissions and a cleaner environment.
The decision to employ electric locomotives on these routes is part of a broader effort to minimize the railway’s carbon footprint and improve operational efficiency. While these changes are currently on a trial basis, they mark a significant step toward achieving a sustainable and modern railway network in the South Western Railways Zone.
Key Instructions for Implementation:
- The transition to WAG9 electric locomotives will be carried out progressively, with close coordination between the respective divisions. This transition will continue until passenger electric locomotives are officially allotted to SWR.
- Trip inspections of the WAG9 locomotives will be conducted, following the same stringent conditions as those applied to WAP7 locomotives, ensuring the highest safety and performance standards.
- Initially, trip inspections will be performed at the diesel shed in UBL until new trip shed facilities are developed at the UBL yard.
The Principal Chief Electrical Engineer of SWR has wholeheartedly endorsed this transition to electric traction, emphasizing the railway’s commitment to sustainability and improved passenger experiences.
As these express trains shift from diesel to electric locomotives, passengers can anticipate a cleaner, greener, and more efficient rail journey. The South Western Railways Zone remains dedicated to enhancing transportation services while safeguarding the environment.
To Share on Whatsapp Kindly scroll below Tags:
© Belagavi News, 2023 | All Rights Reserved.
The following article has been written by Belagavi News. If using our article, please ensure due credit is given to the Author.