Shri Sanjeev Kishore, General Manager of SWR, Pledges Swift Implementation of Key Rail Improvements; Prasad D Kulkarni, ZRUCC Member, Plays a Pivotal Role in BGM Rail Demands
In a significant breakthrough for the Belagavi Region and Belagavi City, Shri Sanjeev Kishore, the General Manager of South Western Railways (SWR), has graciously accepted and pledged prompt implementation of a comprehensive list of long-standing BGM Rail demands submitted by the Zonal Railway Users Committee (ZRUCC), including the instrumental efforts of Mr. Prasad D Kulkarni, ZRUCC Member, and the Belagavi Core Development Group. This welcome development is set to bring about substantial improvements in rail services for the region.
Mr. Prasad D Kulkarni, the (Special Interest Railway Board, Ministry of Railways, GOI) ZRUCC Member, played a pivotal role in championing the cause of Belagavi’s rail infrastructure and met with Shri Sanjeev Kishore, the General Manager of South Western Railways (SWR), and Shri Kuldeep Jain, Deputy General Manager of SWR. Mr. Kulkarni personally handed over the meticulously prepared letter containing a comprehensive list of BGM rail demands on behalf of the Belagavi Core Development Group and ZRUCC. During the meeting, the concerns and aspirations of the Belagavi Region and Belagavi City were earnestly discussed, leading to Shri Sanjeev Kishore’s gracious acceptance of the demands and his commitment to expedite their implementation for the benefit of the local population.
Key Demands Include:
- Infrastructure Enhancements: The BGM Rail demands encompass multiple infrastructure improvements, such as the provision of shelters on benches at PF-4, follow-up on the watering facility, and ensuring dynamic coach position display according to trains. Additionally, there’s a proposal for the establishment of a satellite terminal at Desur and the creation of e-loco trip sheds/lines for locos stabled at Belagavi.
- Expanded Train Services: The BGM Rail demands feature an array of new train services to and from Belagavi, including the introduction of Vande Bharat Express, Diversion of Karnataka Rajdhani Express via Belagavi, and the addition of a weekly Shri Mata Vaishnodevi Katra Express. Furthermore, the list includes proposals for running UBL/Vasco Guwahati Express via Belagavi and operating Veraval-Belagavi Express and Okha-Belagavi Express on a weekly basis with RSA (Rake Sharing) agreements.
- Improved Connectivity: The BGM Rail demands also underscore the need for enhanced connectivity, with the introduction of the Belagavi – Yeshvantpur – Tirupati Express and the upgrading of the Mysuru Night Express from ICF to LHB Coaches. Another significant addition quick introduction of Belagavi-Pune Express, which will offer a new travel option for passengers.
- Timetable Adjustments for Passenger Convenience: Timetable alterations are proposed for greater passenger convenience. This includes revising the departure times for BGM (Belagavi) Mysuru Express and Hubli Dadar Central Express, which will better align with the travel patterns and needs of passengers from neighboring areas.
- Punctuality Enhancements: Addressing persistent punctuality issues, particularly for trains 20653 (KSR Bengaluru Belagavi Superfast Express) and 07335/36 (Belagavi Secunderabad Special Express), is also a key focus. The early arrival of Train 20653 and significant delays faced by Train 07335/36 will be tackled to ensure a more reliable and efficient travel experience.
A Promise of Progress:
Shri Sanjeev Kishore, General Manager of SWR, welcomed the BGM Rail demands with open arms, recognizing the importance of these improvements for the Belagavi Region. He committed to implementing these changes at the earliest to enhance rail services and passenger experiences.
This positive response from the railway authorities has stirred optimism and excitement among the residents of Belagavi, who eagerly await the realization of these long-awaited improvements, with special recognition for the pivotal role played by Mr. Prasad D Kulkarni, ZRUCC Member, in championing the cause.
As the region gears up for these transformative changes in its railway services, it is a promising moment for Belagavi and its people. The collective efforts of ZRUCC, the Belagavi Core Development Group, and the railway authorities are set to pave the way for a brighter future of rail travel in the region.
© Belagavi News, 2023 | All Rights Reserved.
The following article has been written by Belagavi News. If using our article, please ensure due credit is given to the Author.