Mangal S Angadi inspects Belagavi Airport | New Bengaluru Morning flight by Indigo soon.
The Member of Parliament Mangal S. Angadi visited the airport in Belgaum to learn the most recent developments on the establishment of the two flight training organizations there.
Over the course of six months, the FTOs would train more than 50 individuals in order to get their commercial pilot licenses.
Before November 2022, the dream project of her late husband, Late Sri Suresh Angadi, former Union Minister of State for Railways, would be operational.
The idea of beginning morning flight services to Bengaluru was also brought up with the various private airline officials..
The Indigo Airlines has guaranteed that it would be in operation through the end of September 2022 for an additional service to Bengaluru.
The visit also covered a number of airport development-related concerns.
In the meeting and on the site, the following topics were covered.
1. Fresh sectors, including Mysuru, Bengaluru, Chennai, Varanasi, etc., from Belagavi Airport The Station Manager of M/s and the Honorable MP (LS) spoke about this issue. With Spicejet, Indigo, Star Air, and the first-morning flight from Belagavi to Bengaluru.
2. A meeting with the government, representatives of the agriculture and horticulture departments, the chamber of commerce, and other Belagavi organisations since Belagavi is being considered for Krishi Udan 2.
3. Hon’ble MP (LS) Madam visited the site of the Sambra-Basarikatti road that was damaged and washed out during the 2019 flood and asked to have it repaired for the safety and security of the airport.
4. After visiting the ILS location, the CNS In charge explained how the ILS works. ILS’s infrastructure is complete, and it will be turned on as soon as possible.
5. Madam went to the FTO website. The Madam was received by a representative of M/s. Red Bird with a shawl and a bunch of flowers. The brief of the FTO works, which are being worked on by M/s. Red Bird and M/s. Samvardhane, was delivered by the airport director. The monsoon is impeding the work. The two FTOS were given clear instructions to begin operating by November 22 by the honourable MP (LS) madam.
6. Madam also went to the airport’s eastern side to examine the village roads, and the airport director stated that diverting these roads was crucial for the installation of the CAT-1 lighting system.
7. Finally, madam visited the spot where village road crosses the main Airport route from State Highway to the Terminal Building. It is crucial to divert traffic from this road in order to prevent any accidents at the collision site. For improved airport safety and security, it is recommended that this long-standing issue be resolved.